Friday, April 25, 2014

it's about time

I've been meaning to write a blog post about every week for the last few months. My last one was at the new year. Yikes! Sometimes I'm a lazy blogger and Instagram doesn't help because its just so. darn. easy. But, that's no excuse. I have to write because I love to write!


Spring is finally starting to feel like its here, and that alone is reason enough for celebration.


Let's chat about what's new. For the most part, not too much. But lots of little things here and there that keep life fun and interesting.


Reading lately




The Fault in Our Stars - this was a wonderful quick read. I found it on the best-seller rack and I think its actually a young adult book, but it was the best book I've read in a while. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.
Chasing God - An honest look at how so many of us seek God... I felt like every page was speaking to me in such a conversational way. Sometimes I get bored with non-fiction books, but this one was such a quick read. I read it in one weekend and so much of what she wrote about resonated so deeply with me.
Where'd You Go, Bernadette - This was a fun, quirky read. Read it on vacation and it was a perfect beach read. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Funny and entertaining enough to be a fast read, but I wouldn't rave about it. I know a lot of people that just loved it, though, so give it a try!




Cooking lately




We've been pretty lame in this area... need to step it up. A lot of just eggs, meat, veggies... no fancy, fun recipes. A lot of Trader Joe's finds and quickly assembled dinners. This week and next I am challenging myself to not grocery shop at all and to use up what we have in the fridge, freezer and pantry. We've had plenty of food and its fun to get creative with what we have. And also kind of sad b/c I'm realizing how much excess I buy and how much we waste... not cool. Now that its nice out and the farmer's market starts soon, we can change that. I want to start doing some more healthy baking too! Any recipes? Send them my way!


Inspiration lately

"We must be tenacious to align with God's agenda and not ours." -She Reads Truth

Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.”

"We are settling for a Christianity that revolves around catering to ourselves when the central message of Christianity is about abandoning ourselves." -David Platt
Philippians 1:6, “And I am sure that God who began the good work within you will keep right on helping you grow in his grace until his task within you is finally finished on that day when Jesus Christ returns.”

I sought the Lord and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears. -Psalm 34:4

Search me, God, and know my heart.
Test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24

Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable. -Mary Oliver

Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working. -Pablo Picasso

You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail. -Proverbs 19:21

****
Have a wonderful weekend!
Go places.
xoxo,
Caeli





1 comment:

hooleywithaz said...

yay, welcome back, i missed you on here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...